Thursday, February 19, 2004

I finally committed and bought a snowboard. I went to The Lounge on the recommendation of my friend Tony (who designed their website). I was told to talk to Josh. I walked in, met Josh, gave him my backstory (still a beginner, don't want to fall, etc.)... he walked over to the rack of snowboards and pulled out the Solace by Ride, made especially for women....

When I saw the beautiful little pandas staring up at me... the clouds parted, angels sang, and the heavens spoke, "this is the chosen one".

Josh pulled out a couple more less pricey options, but I'll be honest, given that the techie specs of the board seemed to fit my needs better, I was willing to pay extra for cuteness. I don't think I had a choice. The snowboard had chosen me.

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but even if I never ride it, just looking at it brings me happiness. I may just hang my zen board on the wall in my living room and use it for art instead of sport.

It truly is a thing of beauty.

No comments: