Thursday, May 19, 2005

Sugar Rush

Another restaurant realized what people (like me) really want - dessert. The O-bar in West Hollywood has a Sugar Rush Hour - much like Happy Hour, but you can get high on sugar instead of drunk on alcohol.

I thought it looked familiar, then realized that this is the bar I went to with my brother on my "fun" visit to LA last November. I was surrounded by gay men who, though mainly interested in influencing my brother's persuation, were kind and funny and very enjoyable to hang with. It's not common in LA (in my experience) to just meet strangers who are nice and inviting, so it was a great evening.

Anyway, we didn't eat, just got drinks, but you can bet my ever-widening ass that next time I will partake of a dessert. Here's the menu... mmm... D'o'nuts!

DAVE’S FAVORITE D'O'NUTS
Fluffy Brioche Doughnuts Served Warm with Cinnamon Sugar Sprinkles, Butterscotch and Chocolate Dipping Sauces.

HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CAKE
Extra Rich Flourless Chocolate Sensation Served with Homemade Buttermilk Ice Cream and Fresh Raspberries.

BANANA CHEESECAKE
A Rich, Satisfying Treat atop a Chocolate Hazelnut Crust. We Add Dark Chocolate Sorbet Just to Show We Don’t Monkey Around with Our Bananas.

MEYER LEMON PANNA COTTA
Panna Cotta translated means, ''Cooked Cream.'' Meadow Adds Her Own Flair to this Traditional Italian Favorite with Raspberry Sauce and Almond Cookies.

WARM CINNAMON APPLE PIE
An Individual Apple Pie Served Piping Hot from Our Oven Topped with Vermont Cheddar Cheese Ice Cream. Mom would be so proud.

STRAWBERRY 'N CREAM NAPOLEON
Luscious Layers of Vanilla Mascarpone, Strawberry Sorbet and Fresh Berries Held Together with Almond Phyllo Tuilles.

THOMAS' DECADENT ''O'' COOKIE
A Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked to Order in an Iron Skillet, Topped with Three Scoops of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Covered in Rich Chocolate and Caramel Sauce.

HOMEMADE ICE CREAM OR SORBET AND BISCOTTI

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That menu is like dessert for the eyeballs. I wonder how much calories I just read...