Thursday, February 05, 2004

Movies Movies Movies

Daniela has been using Netflix for years and recommended it many times over. Last month I FINALLY signed up and I love it! For $20 a month, you get as many DVDs as you can watch... three at a time. Each time you send one back (even if it's a month later), they send you the next one in your queue within days.

I started off renting Colin Firth movies:
Pride and Prejudice: Vol. 1 (vg)
Pride and Prejudice: Vol. 2 (vg)
My Life So Far (g)
Fever Pitch (g)

Then went for a semi-mainstream George Clooney movie:
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (vg)

And moved on to Indy flicks:
Y Tu Mama Tambien (vvg)
Whale Rider (vvg)
The Shape of Things (good, but pissed me off)

Today I received 'I'm With Lucy', which likely isn't good, but rented it because I liked Gael Garcia Bernal in Y Tu Mama Tambien. Side note: Gael is also going to be in the new Pedro Almodovar movie, Bad Education.

And coming soon, my queue contains:
Capturing the Friedmans
Lost in Translation (worth watching again)
Queer as Folk: Season 1 (also worth watching again)

I like Netflix not just because it's convenient, but because it's so easy to search for movies... think how difficult it would be to go to the video store and find all the movies for your Christopher Guest Movie Marathon Party.

Another marketing point they should pick up on... the ability to rent Malibu's Most Wanted without getting dirty looks from the Skater Punk Video Store Clerk. (Not that I'D do that, I just recognize it as a benefit).

No comments: