Thursday, September 07, 2006

We are going to the Toronto Film Festival this weekend, I think it's our 6th year. It's the one time I have a little more luck spotting celebs, as opposed to when I'm in LA. Like a few years back, when I SPLURGED for 1 night at the Mondrian, a celeb hotspot hotel, in hopes of getting on an elevator with a Cindy Crawford or a Johnny Depp. Nope. Here's my luck - shopping on Melrose and Danny Bonaduce walks by. Mind you, this was BEFORE his come-back with his reality show and before he and his wife started selling this really cool clothing, Countess Couture. My younger sis-i-law didn't even know who he was. Later that night, at the Skybar, I was sure I there'd be A-list elbow rubbing. Nope. Guess who's there... Danny Bonaduce!!

But in Toronto two years ago, we had the ultimate encounter. Colin Firth, my favorite actor, was suddenly three feet away, waiting to be seated at the restaurant we were at! And he looked at us, probably to see what we had eaten and if it looked appetizing. I always try to sneak a peek at other people's food. Anyway, he is adorable and it was so exciting to see him so close. We later saw his film Trauma, which was excellent too.

I wish this were him on the phone with ME, enjoying our banter immensely.

3 comments:

lsaspacey said...

Oooohhhh, yeah, Colin Firth sooooo trumps the Bonaduce.

Anonymous said...

I recently had a similar situation as your Bonaduce story. I was in NYC last week, the same time as the VMA's. I thought if I walked over near Radio City around that time, I might catch a cool celeb sighting. I did all right, but it was so not exciting. Of all people, it was Ice-T! I guess it is slightly better than Bonaduce since Ice-T is currently on Law & Order...but still, a far cry from exciting. I still haven't spotted anyone really exciting. Good luck this weekend!

schajie said...

I thought I was the only one who loved Colin. If you haven't read Bridget Jones' Diary or The Edge of Reason, it's worth is just for the Colin banter. They love him, too.