Thursday, January 11, 2007

Am I terrible or what. Just seems like no time to blog. Or nothing exciting to blog about. But this weekend was good. Went to Vegas to visit dysfunctional brothers, who were actually mostly normal for the few days I was there, and to hang with Jenny.

We went a little crazy and even played some QUARTER slots ;-) My personal faves are the nickel video poker machines, five bucks can last over a half hour. That's alot more fun than dropping 20 bucks in the span of, oh, about 3 minutes. That's when I get a sick feeling in my stomach and walk around angry for the next hour. But $5 for half an hour of poker... it's worth the money in entertainment value. I actually hit four Aces twice on this trip, won about $40, not a windfall, but better than losing. I then popped some of my winnings into the Megamillion machine ($3 a spin) to try to win $11 million... but as I'm sure you can guess, no such luck.

Little L had her 1 year follow up at the NICU today. I can't believe it's been a year since the ordeal! The first couple months were very rough, but the little one is doing so well now and is so much fun. She tested very well today and is not developmentally delayed for her adjusted age (9 mos). Whew. We got lucky (and blessed) with this baby, in many ways.

They say she should be talking soon. I'm sure that will be fun too, until the day she says, "I HATE YOU MOMMY". Though honestly, I never even had an INKLING to say that to my Mom and I don't think Lauren will say it to me. Though I am going to be much more strict than my Mom, who was letting me drive her Dodge Charger 2.2 around without a license when I was 15!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The very last thing you'd be is a terrible blogger. The mommy thing is so much more exciting and fulfilling, especially with Baby L growing in leaps and bounds---enjoy and savor it all.

Wish you were in LV in October!

XXXOOO*:)

lsaspacey said...

The funny thing is that with Jenny around, you don't really have to blog. We already know what you're doing from her site and we frequently see your family in her photos. So just send her a quote every once in a while and she can keep up FOR you. :)

Great news about Lauren!

Miss W said...

So glad her 1 year follow-up went well! Crazy how fast the time goes, isn't it?