Sunday, April 13, 2008

Well, as I search for a playset for Lauren for the backyard, I'm starting to see what rich people can do with all that money - this castle is $7400!!

Now I don't want to sound like a bitter, self-righteous middle class person, but seriously, if you spend $7400 on a castle for your 3 year old, you should question your morality. OK, so you're not killing anyone or cheating on your wife or anything, but when there is so much famine and struggle in this world, it just doesn't seem right.

Now if you build it yourself, and it costs a couple grand in supplies, that's different. Then it teaches your kids more than just "Mommy & Daddy can buy me whatever I want".

ok, off my soapbox now. will continue to look for a playset that does not cost a few months' salary (or even a week's salary for that matter)

No comments: