Thursday, January 24, 2002

Nutty Diet Plan

Peanut butter is a hot topic recently. First I read about peanut butter slices, then I read about research that shows that eating peanut butter can help you lose weight AND lower your cholesterol!

I think it works because you feel more satiated and full. Even the men's magazines are talking about it (side note: the fact that Men's magazines discuss diet issues is both disturbing and deeply rewarding at the same time).

There's a woman's version of the diet on iVillage, though it includes other stuff like olive oil and peanut oil. Not quite the "eat a tablespoon full of peanut butter on top of a miniature chocolate bar" diet that I was hoping for, oh well.

All I know is, I'll be having pb&j (that's reduced fat peanut butter on light wheat bread with a teaspoon of jelly) every day until my clothes fit comfortably again.

There's also a book, The Peanut Butter Diet (of course) available on Amazon.
.

No comments: