Monday, March 29, 2004

Retail Therapy

Jenny got me these great new Sniff tissues that have my likeness on them and say "Retail Therapy". I am a firm believer that purchasing cute gifties for others or for yourself can improve your mood. I generally like to find things that are adorable but that you don't have to be a lottery winner to afford. I always tell my hubby, "you're lucky I shop the way I do". I'm not sure he truly knows how much I could spend were I to buy Marc Jacobs handbags or Jimmy Choo shoes. Alas, unless I find them at a sample sale for 95% off, I am unlikely to own either.

If I were a splurger, I'd buy this Dooney & Bourke bag, which is just the most adorable thing I've laid eyes on since Tom Hanks rolling around in his underwear with that Dogue de Bordeaux in Turner & Hooch. But at 220 bucks, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a purse when family members can barely pay for their groceries.

Some less expensive but nearly as cute alternatives are online at Amici Accessories... found through my InStyle mag. Or maybe a replica Prada or Louis Vuitton bag from fashionflairs.com - very cute and many are under 30 bucks!

I also bought two of these new Body Whips at Parkleigh yesterday. A body cleanser and a Sugar Whip exfoliating cleanser. I can barely stand that they're not edible. They looks like it. They smell like it. They feel like it. I bet I could've gotten hubby to eat some... would've been funny... but entirely too cruel (not to mention I'd be living in fear while anticipating revenge).

And to help others while I help myself... I bought this very cute t-shirt designed by Joie, to support the fight against cancer through the Entertainment Industry Foundation.

No comments: