Monday, January 21, 2008

Vegas, baby!! 19!!

So this year has started off as a whirlwind of travel, first to Vegas for CES, then to Orlando for a PGA Golf show... and great stories from each trip. Here's the first one:

On the way to Vegas, the security guy at the airport told my coworker, "Vegas? 19, trust me!"... so even though I figured the guy said that to everyone, my Vegas Superstition kicked in and I urged Terry to get to the roulette table (not that he needed urging, he had every intention of playing 19!).

So it was our last night, a bunch of us are at Caesar's... he puts $10 on 19 and $10 on red. As Jenny, Brie and I stood and watched, "tink, tink, tink", the ball landed in 19. We were in shock, he hit on the first bet!! He won a good chunk of change (the straight up bet payed 35 to 1) and then let us gamble some too. Jenny stood in her "lucky spot" at the other end of the table willing the ball to go to the right number - and it worked! I won on at least six spins in a row... won straight up three times, and then won a few combination bets (I was spreading my bets around more though, so I didn't win as much).

The only joy better than gambling with someone else's money is winning with someone else's money!

Let me tell you, I've only been lucky at gambling one other time in my life (and mind you, I am in Vegas 1-2 times a year as I have family there), so I was in SHOCK. And Jenny was the voice of reason, she'd mouth, "CASH OUT! CASH OUT!"... so before our luck could turn, we cashed out up quite a bit. It was exhilarating.

I don't think I'm due for another winning streak like that for another 20 years!!

No comments: