Friday, July 04, 2003

Let me elaborate on the BET Awards I attended last week in LA. Got offered $500 box tickets - couldn't pass up. Ran out and bought an elegant awards-show dress, new shoes, new purse (woohoo, an excuse to shop)... only to realize, upon seeing the crowds, that I could have worn my underwear and a cut up shower curtain and looked more approriately dressed.

Seriously though, it was an interesting mix, many people dressed up and elegant, many looking ready to hit the clubs, and many of the young guys looking ready to break into a basketball game at any moment.

But though I felt uber white and slightly out of place, it was a great show.

My favorite part happened off camera - they played the beginning line of Nelly's "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes". When the music stopped, all the female fans kept singing the next line, "I am getting so hot, I'm gonna take my clothes off." It was a great moment. (Note: no one actually took off their clothes)

No comments: