Thursday, May 06, 2004

So much hubub about obesity in America. Books, movies, Atkins, South Beach, Zone, Sweatin to the Oldies. I've read it all and I'll read it all again under a different headline. The thing is, I think alot of us know HOW to lose weight. We know that if we eat apples instead of oreos and tuna filet instead of Chicken Crispers®, we'll be slim & trim. But here's the harsh reality... EVERYTHING THAT IS BAD FOR YOU IS DELICIOUS. And though it may not be good for the body, it can be good for the soul.

On that note, if calories and health didn't matter, this is what I might have eaten today:
- A big bowl of Captain Crunch
- A Pellegrinos Buffalo Chicken Wing Sub
- A few or ten original Krispy Kremes
- A Venti Mocha Frappucino with whip
- A (ginormous) molasses cookie from Starbucks
- A Banana Caramel Crepe at Simply Crepes
- Two slices of pepperoni pizza from Pontillos in Pittsford
- and the modest dessert of a frozen Faux Ho

I'll add that THANK GOODNESS they don't actually SELL entire bags of the chewy, defective Whoppers... someday they might... I called Hershey and asked about them... told them they are yummy and they should sell them... Jenny would call me "unusual" for doing so. Takes one to know one.

No comments: