Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Slacking

Yes, I've been slacking on posts. As you can see from last nights, I'm just not finding my humor. I don't want to write about all the sad crap.

I have also been spending alot of time on the computer each night researching hotels in NYC. Looks like we are going again in August with Jenny & Aaron and when it comes to travel, I become this obsessive freak who has to look at EVERY SINGLE SITE and find out EVERYTHING ABOUT EACH HOTEL. Mainly, I want a hip, boutique-y hotel with good toiletries that is near Pommes Frites so I can feed both my Beauty Product Addiction and my Food Addiction in one fell swoop. Let me tell you that it is not a quick and easy task to find out what kind of toiletries a hotel offers. And this plays big in my decision.

The Hudson, as cool as it was, had crap toiletries. The W New York on the other hand, had a nice little travel bag full of Bliss products. Yes, it was sheer bliss to take home that little bonus.

But NY has so many choices, many of them out of my price range, so I'm still a bit undecided. As of tonight I have The Time Hotel booked, but I'm not done. I'd rather stay at the Tribeca Grand or Soho Grand or I might go for the City Club - only for their Hermes toiletries. Let's face facts, I'm not going to run out and buy Hermes stuff, but if it comes with a decent priced room, I'm THERE.

So I'll try to get back to my blogging, really I will.

And any thoughts/info on NYC hotels, let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I would keep looking. I've stayed at the Time. Small rooms, loud hallways, uncomfy beds. If you can find a deal, grab one of the Grands...soooo much nicer.

Anonymous said...

Try the flatotel in midtown. Great and not bad prices!

http://www.flatotel.com/home.asp

Tina said...

Ooh, thanks for the great advice everyone!

And Hi newTina - sorry you didn't get the tina.blog, but TINAS is cool too - perhaps we will share readers as some will look for you and find me and others will look for me and find you =)

Peppermint Tina came up with her nickname so we wouldn't get confused, so she will share in the Tina crossover too.

I think it is very cool to have such a diverse group of Tinas connecting through the internet (Peppermint Tina is Hawaiian)!