Tuesday, December 12, 2000

Catch Up

Is it a coincidence that I haven't blogged since my day at Krispy Kreme or an indication that I've been too busy eating donuts to blog? You figure it out.

Actually, the week flew by because "I wad bery sick ad was sleeping most of the tibe." I drank more tea last week than I've drank the whole previous rest of my life. I don't like tea, but it started to grow on me. Maybe I'll become a foo-foo tea drinker now, who knows (apologies to all you foo-foo tea drinkers).

When I finally felt better, I went to Abby's party. I couldn't drink (I was driving), so I did the next best thing - played games. I've realized that I get really wierd when I play games. I get aggressive, bossy and loud - very un-tina-like. I don't feel an urgency to win, I'm not too bad about that, but I feel this compelling need to have everyone follow the rules EXACTLY. Again, very un-tina-like as I'm usually pretty laid back with a do-whatever-makes-you-happy-as-long-as-no-one-gets-hurt attitude. But apparently not when it comes to games, then I become militant - "NO, it's YOUR turn and it's an ALL PLAY and you MUST get it RIGHT before you can MOVE, pay attention dammit!" I don't really like the game playing me, but I love to play games, so I guess I'll just have to work through that psychosis.

I also spent a total of 11 hours this weekend making cookies. Five at Sarah's house learning a secret family recipe for some of the yummiest cookies I've ever had. Six at home making sugar cookies and peanut butter blossoms for Cookiepalooza - a cookie fest/contest we had at work today. It turned out to be a pretty big waste of my time because Jenny, who I've renamed Martha Jr., blew the competition away with just about the cutest bunny and snowmen cookies you've ever seen. And to add salt to the wound, they tasted yummy too. I wanted to bite all their heads off. Just kidding, that would also be very un-tina-like.

Growing Girl

Well, as you can see from above, we had Cookiepalooza today. I ate many cookies. I'm growing - and not in a good way. Tomorrow I'm eating better, I swear. Just because there is a whole box of Krispy Kremes downstairs and two plates of cookies and tomorrow we're taking Sarah to lunch for her birthday, I swear I'll drink lots of water and eat light. I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: