Tuesday, December 05, 2000

Yummy Yummy in my Tummy



Yep, got up at 4am to get in line for the grand opening of Krispy Kremes in Henrietta, NY (that's my excuse for the really bad hair too). I'll be honest, I didn't really do it for the donuts (heavenly though they are). I did it for the hype, the experience, the bonding, but most of all - for the free t-shirt. Jenny, Aaron, Joel, Tony and I got up while the rest of the world slept (except for the other loonies who went to Krispy Kreme) and took our place in line, making history.

To understand the significance of this accomplishment on my part, you must understand that I am much more likely to be going to sleep at 4am than getting up. You got it, I'm a night owl - and if left undisturbed, I can easily sleep 12-15 hours a shot - so it wasn't easy popping up way before the crack of dawn (would it be the feet of dawn or the neck of dawn then?). Anyway, it was a feat.

But it was all worth it, I now have a t-shirt that says "The Hot Light is on in Henrietta, NY". So is it just me, or does that sound perverted to you?

I also got a button that says "Hot Doughnuts Now" with a little red flashing light in the "o" of Hot. Yep, gonna wear that out to the clubs, that should garner me some interesting pickup lines. If I'm actually brave enough to do it, I'll be sure to blog the results.

Afflecktion Update

I know I haven't blogged in a while about Ben, but he has not yet escaped my realm, hard as he may try. I just haven't had time to tell you all about our crazy adventures. I did manage to see "Bounce" this weekend and catch Ben on "The Actors Studio", so the fantasy fodder has grown. After the love scene between him and Gwenyth was flashed before my face, never to leave my mind's eye, I can readily picture me and Ben rolling around. Still PG rated, but the insinuation is there. Woo Hoo. When I have more time, perhaps I will give you the details of what led up the rolling around - in a haystack, yeah, it was in a haystack....

No comments: