Thursday, June 26, 2003

Purse Saga

So my purse was supposed to arrive by thursday. Nothing. On Friday, on the way to Ikea, I get a call from Kamal (my devoted Holt Renfrew employee), alas, my bag could not be sent for the $5 shipping he had quoted me... may cost $20 and definitely won't arrive in time for my trip... bummed, but ok, will have it for summer... Monday in LA, I get another message from Kamal - apparently the shipping is only cheap at Christmas (due to volume) and it would cost $50-$70 to ship. UUUUUUGGGHH! I cancel the order and give up on my purse. Start to sink into depression... then realize that hubby and I will be within 2 hours of Ottawa next week, we can drive to Holt Renfrew! Call back Kamal and ask him to hold it. He says he will... and will let his manager know - because it's his last day and he regrets that he will not be able to meet me.

Now I can only HOPE that I don't get there only to hear, "aah, we thought you weren't coming so we JUST sold it" and I fall in to a pool of tears in the middle of Holt Renfrew (US equivalent is likely Saks)

No comments: