Tuesday, December 23, 2003

hmm, I can post about sad stuff, like the story I heard on NPR that made me sob all the way home last night... a story about a guy who found out his Mom was dying and got all these wonderful childhood stories from her before she died... and how it triggered such deep regret and sadness in me because I hadn't been able to do the same...

... or post about the frustrations of the holiday... like how my house looks like the Tansmanian Devil blew through it and how my Aunt has called me four times today... to get a recipe... to tell my my Gram fell but is ok... to ask me to print recipes from Dr. Phil off "the computer" because she's gotten so fat (her words, not mine)... and how you can get a free two weeks at Gold's Gym by saying you're a member of "Dr. Phil's Booty Club" (again, her words, not mine). I think there'd have to be alot more in it for me to say that aloud, to anyone, ever...

... or post about happy, fun, holiday stuff... like going to see "Irving Berlin's White Christmas" with Jenny, Aaron and Chuck... and then having the four of us bust into song spontaneously... "snow, snow, snow, snow"

I guess I've achieved all three.

No comments: