Friday, July 13, 2007

You Give me Fever

Last Friday, hubby came home, took his temperature, declared he had a fever of 99.6 and promptly went to bed. He was mostly better within a day or two.

I woke up this Wednesday with a very sore throat, went to work, felt crappier by the minute, got home, took my temperature, declared that I had a fever of 99.8 (I win) and promplty went to bed - but not before requesting a grilled cheese sandwhich - made with lots of butter - while threatening not to eat anything if I did not receive a grilled cheese sandwich. A little while later, hub brought me up one of the most delicious grilled cheese sandwiches ever. I felt better the next day. He credits his grilled cheese.

Last night and this morning Little L had a fever over 101 (she really wins). Per our "Don't Panic Handbook" from the doctor's office, this is ok if she is otherwise eating and acting mostly normal. Which she is. Except she took the longest nap ever today. She got up at 8am, then was back in bed by 10am, then slept on and off until 3pm! She is back in bed as of about 5:45 for another round of sleep. If she still has a fever tomorrow, I'm sure she will be seeing the doctor.

Ok, she's crying right now, so I must go cuddle my little sickie chickie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your post, I hope you will find the time to read mine to :)
http://beygale.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I hope Lauren feels better soon!
-abby