Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mac Happy

The Black Friday sale at Apple seduced us and Christmas came early - we finally got an iMac (though I've been using a Mac at work for years, I had a pc at home). I LOVE it. I barely want to leave the house, I just want to play with my Mac. It was so ridiculously easy to set up. I mean RIDICULOUS! It found our wireless router and I was on the internet within 5 minutes. Just TRY to do that with a PC! Our PC takes 10 minutes just to boot up!

Someone else loves it too. As I brought her downstairs Saturday morning and she saw it (set up on the kitchen table) she said, "oooh, Mommy, pretty!" That's my girl! We spent most of the weekend on Shrek.com - her favorite thing at the moment. Though I held it off for 22 months, I now have a child who just constantly wants to watch "baby Shrek", so as of now, I've watched Shrek 2 and 3 about 20 times each. She wakes up saying "baby Shrek", then says all the names, "Shrek, Donkey, eeona, puss". I downloaded the wallpaper and she can barely pull herself away from the screen, she just wants to stare into Shrek's eyes.

We also listened to the theme from Spiderman - another one of her favorite things since her class made a Spidey scarecrow for Halloween. I always sing, "Spiderman, Spiderman" and then can never remember the rest (Lauren shortens it and sings "spider, spider" as she sways) . So now I am reminded of the rest and she can learn more than two words to the song.

Now I have to pull myself away from the screen and get ready for bed!

No comments: