Sunday, September 16, 2001

We almost didn't go to Toronto this weekend for round two of the Toronto International Film Festival. Our thoughts... Is it safe? Is it inappropriate? Is it frivoulous? But we decided Canada is a safe place to be and we needed to try to take our minds off the horrific events of the past week, if only for a little while. Jenny and Aaron are two of the most fun people I have ever had the pleasure of being around and I am so glad we did go. It was a small bit of emotional relief that I really needed.

Today, back at home and watching the news again, I am heartbroken and emotionally drained. I cannot fathom the pain of those wondering the fate of their loved ones. I am also pained by the thought of lost pets and rescue animals. The port authority policeman who was rescued told of his partner, a yellow lab, that did not get rescued along with him. I cried as he told reporters about telling his dog, "I'll be back for you."

No comments: