Sunday, March 03, 2002

Lucky You

I've come to accept the fact that I am not a lucky person. I am fortunate... I have a very good life and good things happen to me... just not things that require luck. So, I've come to realize that I will never win any significant amount of money gambling (ie, anything over $50). I will never get bumped up to first class, therefore, I will never find myself sitting next to Benjamin Bratt on a plane discussing the effectiveness of Hooked on Phonics. I will never get picked to kiss Shamu at Seaworld. I will never be shopping in a boutique on Melrose and see Winona Ryder shoplift a Paul Frank Julius watch. I will never win the lottery. I will never get let off on a speeding ticket (well, I'm still holding out hope for this, especially if I have Grandma's Pizzelle's in the car with me to use as bribery). I will never win an Mtv contest to have Bon Jovi come and play a concert in my backyard for 200 of my closest friends (for that matter, I'll never have 200 close friends). I will never get invited to a People Magazine after-Oscars-party to mingle with Jack Nicholson and Nick Cage and I will never get picked to "come on down" on The Price is Right.

No comments: