Monday, December 17, 2007

Visit with Santa

Saw Santa this weekend. She didn't freak out, but she wasn't thrilled either. She didn't manage to tell him that baby wants a new pair of shoes. She just looked a bit petrified and said, "Mommy? Mommy?" as I tried to snap a pic with my cellphone because I didn't have my camera with me.

"Santa" did, however, get her a new pair of shoes. Turns out she needed a size and a half bigger than what she was wearing. As the sales clerk was trying on a new pair, she commented that Lauren was "curling her toes because her other shoes were so small." Nice. So I replied, "Thank You. Would you also like to point out that her ears are dirty and her nails need clipping? OK, SO I'M A CRAPPY MOM - but I'm awesome where it really counts - like loving her and teaching her new things - BeeAtch!"*

*I didn't really say this. I just looked away in embarrassment.

Got bebe a pair of boots too. They were on sale (so were the shoes) and were too cute to pass up. Both pairs were on sale in the store, but not on sale online. I hate when they do that!

No comments: