Monday, January 12, 2009

Lauren takes on Mickey Rourke

Stayed home today with a very sick little Lauren, coughing like the Marlboro man and talking like Bea Arthur, boogers running off her face. At first she'd tell me, "Mommy, I have boogers" and let me wipe her nose, but she got tired of that and just started wiping her face on her jammy sleeve to get that nice layer of booger crust.

And watching lots of TV. Elf, Sleeping Beauty, Elf, Baby Einstein, Elf.

WARNING: if you don't like to watch the same movie over and over and over again (with a safe bet that it's not a movie in one of your favorite genres), don't have kids.

I want to express my sincerest thank you to the folks behind the kids movies that interject over-their-heads adult humor for those of us they know are stuck in repetition hell. I can handle most. Horton Hears a Who - NOT SO MUCH.

We were waiting for Daddy to get home from his golf vaca in sunny, warm florida - to come home to 1.5 sick chickies (I'm just half sick right now) and a dose of arctic air. Just before Daddy got home, Lauren had me paint her nails. Then before they were dry, she did the booger sleeve wipe, only to spread red nail polish on her nose, cheek, eyelid, and forehead. And it looked EXACTLY like bloody scratches. And it didn't wipe off. So here I am with my little one who looks like SHE was in the ring with Mickey Rourke. Daddy was going to freak.

So after trying to take some pics, I tried again to get it off... had success, kinda scratching it off. So other than a little bit of red, she looked like a porcelain faced doll when Daddy got home. A porcelain faced doll covered in boogers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Prissy.