Thursday, October 07, 2004

Food Envy

Jenny and Aaron are heading off to Scottsdale tomorrow. I am envious of the food opportunities they will have while out there... Jamba Juice (stop #1 on Jenny's list I'm sure... she printed out maps of every location before she left), Chicken Madeira from Cheesecake Factory [salivating...], Baja Fresh, and In-N-Out Burger... MY GOD I would love a Double Double with Cheese right now!!

Jenny is so kind though, she is seriously considering trying to bring back a Jamba Juice for me.

LJ, I know your heart is in the right place, but I would never forgive myself if you ended up with sticky, soupy, staining Banana Berry all over your clothes. So I will be happy living vicariously through you until I too can get to a liberated city (that also has a Sephora =).

On a side note, if anyone knows how to ship food that needs to stay cold, let me know, because if it's easy enough, I'm pretty sure my brother would be more than happy to ship me some Lola's Mac & Cheese. I, in turn, will likely have to send some Sesame Chicken from King and I.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This is totally geeky, but here goes: dry ice. This is how they send sensitive cells and dna and such that needs to be kept cold to frozen.

Also, my Mom managed to bring fresh Maine lobsters from Portland, ME to Boston, MA to Honolulu, HI packed in a cooler with icepacks, seaweed and wet newspaper.

The dry ice things isn't actually that hard- You just need to let FedEx, or UPS know it's there, and pack it in styrofoam, in a cardboard box.