Sunday, February 06, 2005

Krispy Krack

I realized that my blog has strayed from what my title implies... my lust for food. I had contemplated telling my brother that I was going on a hunger strike, but I know he would know I was full of crap. I cannot, in fact, stop myself from eating. To the contrary, I am finding myself eating everything in site, assuming it will give me a moment of pleasure to distract me from the drama. And you know what, it does. Sound familiar? Like an addiction maybe? Because even something as seemingly harmless as Krispy Kremes can be dangerous if taken to the extreme. Let me elaborate...

Research says that if we take in 3500 calories more than we burn, we gain one pound.

According to this Calorie Needs Calculator, I burn about 2000 calories per day.

Each Krispy Kreme Original Glazed donut (my drug of choice) has 200 calories.

I'd need at least 3 dozen donuts per day to continually dull my pain (and, I assume that over time, I'd need more and more to get the same results).

That's 7200 calories in donuts.

Plus I'd need to wash them all down with soda, so that would easily bring me up to 8000 calories.

That means I'd gain almost two pounds per day.

So if I went on a Krispy Kreme "runner" for just two weeks, I'd gain over 25 pounds! I would definitely need a new wardrobe, but probably couldn't afford it because I'd be spending all my money on donuts. Any clothes that did still fit would probably have glaze stains on them.

Then things would turn really bad... I'll have gained so much weight that I'll be depressed... and even though I know how hard it will be to lose the weight, I won't be able to stop because I really love how the donuts make me feel and can't bear the thought of not eating them... then I'd think about how I've let my family and friends down because I don't want to go out anywhere, I just want to stay home and eat donuts, so to keep them from bugging me, I'd lie and say I was having "tummy troubles", then I could hide out in the bathroom with no one bothering me to stop eating my donuts and even if they did beg me to stop, I'd say "to hell with it, I've already gained ridiculous amounts of weight" and keep eating the donuts... and the vicious cycle would continue.

Amazing how frighteningly similar this is to actually being addicted to a narcotic substance! Only I don't think on the Krispy Kremes you'd bug out or pass out. Then again, I don't know for sure because I don't think I've ever had that much pure sugar flowing around in my bloodstream!

No comments: