Monday, March 26, 2007



I watched the first two episodes of The Tudors on Showtime on demand this weekend. Apparently Henry the 8th - before he got fat - was a young, athletic stud who had his way with the ladies... many ladies... apparently perfect fodder for a cable series... and the casting, well, let's just say, the King and his court are a sight to behold.

Johathan Rhys Meyers, Callum Blue (who I found cute but annoying in Dead Like Me), and oh so sexy Henry Cavill, who plays the Duke of Suffolk. I kept thinking I'd seen him before and, sure enough, he was the handsome traitor in Tristan + Isolde, which I watched last week.

So apparently... Middle Ages + Good Looking Men = TinaTV

And while I really hate to get addicted to yet another TV series, you can bet your 15th century guillotine that I will be watching The Tudors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my niece was telling me about this show the other day. They're addicted. Sometimes I'm so sad I don't have cable.

Yvett said...

I wanted to get Showtime just for this show. I think if Henry VIII looked anything like Jonathan Rhys Meyers, it explains why women were willing to "put their head on the line". (rimshot)