Sunday, May 19, 2002

Getting Better

This weekend went much better than last. My sister is still in the hospital, but doing well. She may be in there for months, until she has the baby. They'd let her go home if she'd stay in bed, but we all know my sister - she'd try to cook, clean, rearrange furniture... so she's staying put for now.

Punky is home and appears to be doing well. He doesn't have diabetes and his kidney numbers have improved. Chuck and I learned how to inject him with fluid to keep him hydrated. Each session involves up to four injections, to spread the fluid around. We do that every day for at least the next two weeks, then it *may* go to every other day. Today was our first full try without the vet watching over us. It didn't go as well as we'd hoped. Yesterday with the Vet he didn't fuss at all, today he growled and cried. Thank God Chuck has the courage to stick him with the needle, I'm not sure I could do it. Definitely a two person job though, so I hold Punky still and try to keep him calm. Just having his fuzzy little head near mine makes life better, so I'll do whatever I can to keep him around longer.

No comments: