Tuesday, February 25, 2003


Dad and Kevin Spacey
Separated at birth?

Last thursday would have been my Dad's 58th birthday. He's been gone almost 12 years now.

things about my Dad:
- he was Airborne in the army
- he loved my Mom, but he cheated on her
- for a time, he was a biker
- he owned a motorcycle shop
- he had a Harley
- he hung out with Hells Angels
- he was a hippie
- he had long hair that I used to brush and braid
- he looked like Willie Nelson (in Willie's younger years)
- he had a sign that said, "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers"
- he and Mom divorced, Stepmom was 13 yrs his junior
- for a time, he lived off the deer he hunted
- he had many tattoos (including the Harley Davidson symbol across his chest)
- he was a BS artist
- he swore ALOT
- he was a great storyteller
- he moved to Vegas and became a Craps dealer (irony)
- after the haircut and shave, he looked like Kevin Spacey
- he had a huge dimple on his right cheek (he'd tell us he got stabbed in the face)
- he was a heavy gambler
- for a time, he was dealing drugs
- he owned a meat factory (sausage & stuff)
- he owned a deli
- he loved his children
- he smoked like a feind
- he died of lung cancer

He definitely wasn't the best father, husband, or model citizen, but he was unique, interesting and loving, and I miss him.


Hippie-Willy-Nelson--Biker-Dad

No comments: