Monday, February 17, 2003

I took a big risk today. I went with my Mother-in-law to take Chuck's two young cousins to see Jungle Book 2. They are 6 (Kristen) and 3 (Michael). The past 2 days, Michael has been a hellion and his behavior has had me teetering on the brink of deciding never to have children. Last night at dinner he held his fork and knife up to my face and said, "I'll cut you up."

So needless to say, I wasn't too keen on taking the kid to the movies, but as a favor to Chuck's Mom, I went, knowing that she couldn't handle both kids. I thought for sure the effects would be permanent birth control. I was wrong. They were angels. Apparently, when their parents take Michael to the movies, he has to get up and go to the bathroom about 5 times. Not for us, he went before the movie, then sat quietly through the whole thing, just a peep here and there, nothing big.

My faith in children is restored. For now anyway.

No comments: