Thursday, October 19, 2000

Road Rage

I know this isn't the politically correct thing to say, but I can certainly see how easy it is to become insanely angry and want to choke a fellow driver. Case in point: I'm driving home last night on 390 South, the speed limit is 65, the car in the right lane is going 60 so I cut over to the left, where the truck in the left lane is also going 60 [anger starts]. I drive relatively close to get the point across that I'd like to get by so I can go AT LEAST the speed limit [boil, boil]. The truck starts to speed up a bit, finally getting by the other 'Pocahontas' but does not cut over to the right [seeth, seeth]. They finally cut over the the right lane and I think, "woo hoo, I can finally pass this pokey." [slight relief]. I seem to be having a hard time getting by them though... I look down at my speedometer and am just starting to teeter above 70 [anger resumes]. I think, "what's the deal here, I should've flown by this tortoise", when it hits me, the MORON who had to drive 60 in the LEFT lane for 5 miles all of a sudden feels the need to drive 75 [full on Road Rage]. AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! I'm not saying I want to hurt the guy in any way, but I would LOVE the opportunity to point out to him why he is the biggest IDIOT on the planet at that moment!

I feel that everyone should be issued paint ball guns so when someone's driving like a complete 'swipe, you can pull out your Glidden Gun and fire away. The paint washes off, but is a temporary message to other drivers that the driver did something dippy that day.

Now I'm not saying I'm an angelic driver, I've been know to call myself an a**hole and I'm sure I'd find myself a target now and then, but for the most part I keep it real.

No comments: