Monday, October 23, 2000

To Sleep Perchance to Dream

I think I have insomnia. It is 1:15am and I am not the least bit tired. To the contrary, I feel as though I could run a marathon right now (if it weren't for my bad back, bum knee and the fact that after approximately 45 seconds of running, I'd want to lay down and die).

I just called Daniela in San Francisco but my phone croaked. It's the only nice thing about having a friend so far away - it's still early there when it's the middle of the night here and I'm wide awake and want to talk. Other than that, it SUCKS that she's so far away. =(

She probably thinks I use the dying phone excuse to end my calls, definitely not - just time for a new phone. We were SUPPOSED to have the kind of battery that you could recharge at any time, leave it charging, etc. etc. etc. HAH! Call me sucker. After 15 minutes of talk time - or much less if it's been left off the charger - BEEP... BEEP... BEEP, then it dies, and the only other phone in the house is upstairs in the bedroom next to Chuck's sleeping ear. I not only need a new phone, I need a few new phones, one for every room in the house. This will be my mission when I get back from all my travels.

For now, I will try to doze off while reading the new issue of Cosmo and hope that after reading "Make Him ALL Yours" and "Cosmo Celebrates Australian Men" that I dream of making Heath Ledger, Russell Crowe, and what the heck, throw Mel Gibson in there for good measure... ALL mine. Ah, a girl can dream, can't she?

(the sad part about it is, making these men "ALL mine" would probably mean using them to clean my kitchen for me... =)

No comments: