Wednesday, May 30, 2001

Kettle Korn

Kettle Korn season has officially started. The Lilac Festival kicked it off here in Rochester. Chuck and I went on Friday and bought 2 gigantic bags of K.K. (he's almost as addicted as me) and they were gone, gone, gone within 2 days - and I was showing restraint!

I believe there will now be a festival just about every weekend and where there's a festival, there's K.K. This coming weekend is Rush Hometown days. I know they'll have K.K. because last year my sister and I drove up in her white Mustang, hobbled up to the K.K. booth in our trendy summer sandals, and ordered a few bags. Rush is a SMALL town outside of Rochester where they're probably not too familiar with the current trends in clothing and shoes, so I'm sure most of them thought we were hookers. Oh well, I can't say what I would or wouldn't do for Kettle Korn. It IS an addiction you know!

Abby brought me a bag of Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Korn that her Mom found at the store. She's so sweet, trying to help me feed my habit without having to be a festival hooker every weekend. I was hopeful... it looked just like the Kettle Korn from the Lilac Festival. Alas, no such luck. It tastes like a mild version of carmel corn. No dice, but I appreciate Ab's efforts.

No comments: