Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Well, I think my shallow post was a little cathartic, but it still felt a bit wrong. Not that I feel guilty for having a laugh or thinking of something enjoyable - Mom would want me to be happy - but sadness still fills a majority of my thoughts.

Lately though, food is a close second. Not that I'm indulging, but I am having food fantasies*.
*my term for thinking loving thoughts ABOUT food, not using food during loving.

I am going to LA at the end of the month and am driving DIRECTLY from the airport to Jamba Juice (thanks to Jenny who got me addicted). I am also excited to go to Lola's and have Baked Macaroni and Cheese and a Plate of Homebaked Cookies for dessert - they come to you piping hot. I am in dire need of some serious comfort food - and I think mac & cheese and cookies are about the best you're gonna get.

On that note, I really want to start a cookie delivery business. I'm not talking boring old cold cookies. I'm talking homemade cookies, delivered piping hot directly from the oven. I saw it on a show on The Food Network (that Jenny is addicted to now, thanks to me). I predict a huge future in hot, fresh cookies delivered to your door with a bottle of milk. I told Chuck he could be a Hot Cookie delivering hot cookies. I don't think he's going to take me up on it.

No comments: